53ER21-8 Gold Rush Supreme Bonus Play Promotion
(1) Beginning January 18, 2021, and continuing through January 3, 2022, ("Promotion Period") the Florida Lottery will conduct the Gold Rush Supreme Bonus Play Promotion ("Promotion") in which players can enter non- winning Florida Lottery Scratch-Off tickets (also known as instant tickets) from the following GOLD RUSH SUPREME family of games into a Gold Rush Supreme Bonus Play drawing for a chance to win a cash prizes:
- (a) Game Number 1478, $1 GOLD RUSH SUPREME;
- (b) Game Number 1479, $2 GOLD RUSH SUPREME;
- (c) Game Number 1480, $5 GOLD RUSH SUPREME;
- (d) Game Number 1481, $10 GOLD RUSH SUPREME; and
- (e) Game Number 1485, BILLION DOLLAR GOLD RUSH SUPREME.
Non-winning Scratch-Off lottery tickets from Game Number 1478, $1 GOLD RUSH SUPREME, Game Number 1479, $2 GOLD RUSH SUPREME; Game Number 1480, $5 GOLD RUSH SUPREME; and Game Number 1481, $10 GOLD RUSH SUPREME may be entered throughout the entire Promotion Period for entry into the next available drawing. Non-winning Scratch-Off lottery tickets from Game Number 1485, BILLION DOLLAR GOLD RUSH SUPREME may only be entered during the period of February 22, 2021, through January 3, 2022, for entry into the next available drawing. Winning Scratch-Off tickets from the above-listed GOLD RUSH SUPREME family of games cannot be used for entry into a Gold Rush Supreme Bonus Play drawing.
(2) How to Enter.
- (a) To enter a non-winning GOLD RUSH SUPREME Scratch-Off lottery ticket into one of the Gold Rush Supreme Bonus Play drawings, a player may use the Florida Lottery's website at flalottery.com. or use the Florida Lottery's Mobile Convenience App ("App"). On the home page of the Florida Lottery's website, players are to click on the Second Chance tab, select the Gold Rush Supreme Bonus Play Promotion and follow the directions. Players will be prompted to log-in or register. On the App, players may click on either of the Promotions buttons, select the Gold Rush Supreme Bonus Play Promotion and follow the directions. Players will be prompted to log-in or register if not already logged in. A Promotions button is located on the main menu and also on the bottom navigation bar. Players are to scratch off the coating on the front of the ticket to reveal the number and enter the entire 24-digit ticket serial number and 3-digit PIN number in the designated ticket entry area on the website or scan the ticket barcode located under the Scratch-Off ticket coating on the front of the ticket using the App. The 24-digit ticket serial number (4-digit game number and 20-digit ticket number) is located below the play area on the front of a GOLD RUSH SUPREME Scratch-Off ticket under the latex covering. The 3-digit PIN number is located within the 24-digit ticket serial number. Each digit of the PIN number is surrounded by a box. Players may enter a qualifying ticket into the Promotion at any time of day during the Promotion Period; however, on occasion, entry capabilities on the website and App may be temporarily unavailable due to routine maintenance or technical difficulties.
(b) Entry Determination. For each non-winning GOLD RUSH SUPREME Scratch-Off lottery ticket entered, the player will receive the minimum number of draw entries that is equal to the price of the ticket. Additionally, after entering the ticket, the player will be provided the chance to earn more entries by spinning the wheel in a play- for-fun interactive game that will reveal the multiplied number of draw entries earned. A player will receive from 1 to 5 times the price of the ticket entered in draw entries. For example, a $10 ticket will receive 10, 20, 30, 40 or 50 entries. If the player chooses not to play the interactive game, he or she may click the SKIP button in order to bypass the animated reveal and instantly reveal the total number of entries earned. Skipping the interactive game will not change the player’s outcome. The range for the number of entries associated with each ticket price point and percentage outcome associated with each multiplier award is shown in the tables below.
Game Price Point Range for the Number of Entries $1 GOLD RUSH SUPREME - 1478 $1 1-5 $2 GOLD RUSH SUPREME - 1479 $2 2-10 $5 GOLD RUSH SUPREME - 1480 $5 5-25 $10 GOLD RUSH SUPREME – 1481 $10 10-50 BILLION DOLLAR GOLD RUSH SUPREME - 1485 $30 30-150 Multiplier Award Percentage of Outcome 1 times the price of the ticket 30% 2 times the price of the ticket 25% 3 times the price of the ticket 20% 4 times the price of the ticket 15% 5 times the price of the ticket 10%
(c) Coupons. During the Promotion Period, a total of 550,000 coupons will be generated for every “nth” ticket scanned or entered. When a coupon is awarded, a “bonus” notification will pop-up on the ticket entry page at the conclusion of the entry process. The specific coupon details will be available on the Ticket History page of the player's account. The following coupons will be awarded during the Promotion:
- 1. $1.00 Scratch-Off Coupon
- 2. $5.00 Scratch-Off Coupon
- 3. $10.00 Scratch-Off Coupon
- 4. $25.00 Cash Coupon
The number and value of coupons to be awarded are as follows:
Coupon Award Total Number of Coupons $1.00 Scratch-Off Coupon 200,000 $5.00 Scratch-Off Coupon 150,000 $10.00 Scratch-Off Coupon 100,000 $25.00 Cash Coupon 100,000 Total 550,000
A Scratch-Off Coupon may be redeemed for a Scratch-Off ticket of the same value, or the coupon may be applied towards the purchase of a higher valued Scratch-Off ticket. Coupons may be redeemed by players at a Florida Lottery retailer or a Florida Lottery District Office by presenting the coupon barcode on their mobile device for scanning, or players may redeem the coupon by printing the coupon from the website and presenting a hardcopy. Coupons may not be redeemed by mail. Coupons are valid for one use only and must be redeemed by 11:59:59 ET on March 4, 2022.
(d) Regardless of whether a player chooses to participate in the Promotion by smartphone, tablet or web browser the following provisions shall apply:
- 1. the player may use the same account login information to enter tickets;
- 2. the player will only be required to register one time; and
- 3. the player's entry history will be cumulative among the entry platforms.
- (e) Each valid non-winning ticket number may only be entered one time and only into one drawing during the Promotion Period. A player may enter a maximum of 200 non-winning GOLD RUSH SUPREME Scratch-Off tickets per day. Tickets should not be mailed to the Florida Lottery unless players are contacted by the Florida Lottery and requested to do so. Non-winning tickets received in the mail by the Florida Lottery will not be entered in a drawing and will not be returned. A player may only create one account. Any attempt by a player to use more than one account by using multiple or different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins, or any other methods will subject the player and any associated entries to disqualification. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries entered. All entries are subject to validation by the Florida Lottery and may be disqualified if eligibility requirements are not met.
(4) Drawings and Number of Prizes.
(a) There will be eight drawings over the life of the Promotion. Prizewinners for each drawing will be randomly selected from entries earned, submitted and received before midnight on the last day of the entry period for that drawing. Prizewinners will be randomly selected using a certified random number generation process. Each drawing shall be public and witnessed by an accountant employed by an independent certified public accounting firm. The drawing date and entry periods are as follows:
Drawing Entry Period Drawing Date Winners Announced 1 January 18, 2021 - February 22, 2021 February 24, 2021 March 1, 2021 2 February 23, 2021 – April 5, 2021 April 07, 2021 April 12, 2021 3 April 06, 2021 - May 17, 2021 May 19, 2021 May 24, 2021 4 May 18, 2021 - June 28, 2021 June 30, 2021 July 5, 2021 5 June 29, 2021 - August 9, 2021 August 11, 2021 August 16, 2021 6 August 10, 2021 - September 20, 2021 September 22, 2021 September 27, 2021 7 September 21, 2021 - November 1, 2021 November 3, 2021 November 8, 2021 8 November 2, 2021 - January 3, 2022 January 5, 2022 January 10, 2022
In each drawing, a total of 75 entries will be selected. The first valid entry drawn will win the Gold Rush Supreme jackpot prize. The second through sixth valid entries drawn will each win a second prize of $5,000. The seventh through twenty-first valid entries drawn will each win a third prize of $1,000. The twenty-second through forty-first valid entries drawn will each win a fourth prize of $500. The forty-second through the remaining valid entries drawn will be alternates and used in the order in which they were drawn and in the order of need to select an alternate prizewinner in the event a jackpot, second, third or fourth prize cannot be awarded.
(b) The number of prizes and prize amounts are as follows:
Prize Winners per Drawing Total Winners in the Promotion Gold Rush Supreme Jackpot 1 8 $5,000 5 40 $1,000 15 120 $500 20 160
(5) Gold Rush Supreme Jackpot. At the beginning of each entry period, the Gold Rush Supreme Jackpot will start at $10,000 and as GOLD RUSH SUPREME Scratch-Off lottery ticket sales increase, the jackpot amount will also increase proportionally until the entry period ends. The jackpot amount will be determined following the end of the entry period and shall be based on sales data for the games in the GOLD RUSH SUPREME family. The jackpot contribution per dollar of sales, per game is as follows:
GAME NAME JACKPOT CONTRIBUTION PER DOLLAR OF SALES Game Number 1478, $1 GOLD RUSH SUPREME 0.43402778% Game Number 1479, $2 GOLD RUSH SUPREME 0.47814208% Game Number 1480, $5 GOLD RUSH SUPREME 0.48209366% Game Number 1481, $10 GOLD RUSH SUPREME 0.52083333% Game Number 1485, $30 BILLION DOLLAR GOLD RUSH SUPREME 0.52943293%
The minimum jackpot prize amount for each drawing is $50,000. A representation of the increasing jackpot in the form of a “ticker” will be available to players on the Florida Lottery’s website and App as the jackpot progresses. The ticker is for illustrative purposes only and is not a reflection of real-time sales.
(6) Prizewinner Notification.
- (a) The prizewinners for each drawing will be announced and posted on flalottery.com on the dates listed in subsection (4) above, or as soon thereafter as practicable.
- (b) The Florida Lottery will attempt to notify each prizewinner by telephone or email using the contact information provided in the prizewinner's registration data no later than one business day after the prizewinners are posted on the Florida Lottery's website. The Florida Lottery deems the prizewinner's registration data as the prizewinner's official contact information, including the physical mailing address. The Florida Lottery will not attempt to further locate a prizewinner if the attempt to reach the prizewinner by telephone or email are unsuccessful. If the Florida Lottery is unable to have contact by telephone or email with a prizewinner within seven business days of the date the prizewinners are posted on the website, the prizewinner will forfeit his or her right to claim the prize and the Florida Lottery will select an alternate prizewinner in accordance with subsection (4) above. If the Florida Lottery is unable to have contact by email or telephone with the alternate prizewinner within seven business days of the date of notification, the alternate prizewinner will forfeit his or her right to claim the prize and the Florida Lottery will select the next alternate prizewinner. This process will continue until an alternate is contacted or the Florida Lottery has exhausted the list of alternates due to unsuccessful notification attempts or due to failure by a prizewinner or an alternate prizewinner to timely provide required claim documentation as set forth in subsection (7) below. If the Florida Lottery exhausts the list of alternate prizewinners, the prize will not be awarded.
(7) How to Claim a Prize.
- (a) To claim a jackpot, second or third prize in a drawing, the prizewinner must submit to the Florida Lottery the original valid non-winning GOLD RUSH SUPREME family Scratch-Off ticket bearing the entry number selected in the drawing. Without such ticket, the prizewinner will forfeit his or her right to claim a prize. A jackpot, second and third prizewinner must submit the entry ticket along with a completed Winner Claim Form DOL 173-2, revised 1/21, Winner Claim Form- Entity DOL 173-2E, effective 1/21, Spanish Winner Claim Form DOL 173-2S, revised 1/21, or Spanish Winner Claim Form- Entity DOL 173-2SE, effective 1/21 and a copy of acceptable identification as set forth in the rule of the Florida Lottery governing payment of prizes. A copy of the current prize payment rule can be obtained from the Florida Lottery, Office of the General Counsel, 250 Marriott Drive, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-4011. Forms DOL 173-2, DOL 173-2E, DOL 173-2S and DOL 173-2SE are hereby incorporated by reference and may be obtained at any Florida Lottery office or retailer, from the Florida Lottery's website at flalottery.com., or by writing to: Florida Lottery, Customer Service, 250 Marriott Drive, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-4016.
- (b) To claim a fourth prize in a drawing, the prizewinner must submit to the Florida Lottery the original valid non-winning GOLD RUSH SUPREME family Scratch-Off ticket bearing the entry number selected in the drawing along with a copy of acceptable identification as set forth in the rule of the Florida Lottery governing the payment of prizes.
- (c) For all prizes, the required documentation must be received by any Florida Lottery office no later than fourteen calendar days after the Florida Lottery has made personal contact with the prizewinner. If the Florida Lottery has not received the required documentation from a prizewinner by the fourteenth calendar day after notification, the prizewinner will forfeit his or her right to claim the prize and the Florida Lottery will award the prize to an alternate prizewinner in accordance with subsections (4) and (6) above. The same timeframe for a prizewinner to return required documentation to the Florida Lottery shall apply to an alternate prizewinner.
(8) Award of Prizes.
- (a) Jackpot Prize. Upon the Florida Lottery's timely receipt of a jackpot prize winner's required documentation, the Florida Lottery will award the determined jackpot prize for that drawing. The jackpot prize will be paid in a single, one-time payment, less applicable federal income tax withholding.
- (b) Second Prize. Upon the Florida Lottery's timely receipt of a second prize winner's required documentation, the Florida Lottery will award a second prize of $5,000.
- (c) Third Prize. Upon the Florida Lottery's timely receipt of a third prize winner's required documentation, the Florida Lottery will award a third prize of $1,000.
- (d) Fourth Prize. Upon the Florida Lottery's timely receipt of a fourth prize winner's required documentation, the Florida Lottery will award a fourth prize of $500.
- (9) Taxes. Except as specifically described herein, all federal, state and/or local taxes or other fees on the prizes won in the Gold Rush Supreme Bonus Play Promotion will be the responsibility of the prizewinner. Thirty percent federal income tax withholding will be withheld from any prize won by a nonresident alien prizewinner in the Promotion, regardless of the amount of the prize. The reporting and subsequent payment of any additional federal, state and/or local taxes shall be the responsibility of the nonresident alien prizewinner.
(10) Other Restrictions and Provisions.
- (a) All prizes are subject to the provisions of Chapter 24, Florida Statutes, and rules promulgated thereunder. Prizes shall be paid in accordance with the rule of the Florida Lottery governing payment of prizes. A copy of the current prize payment rule can be obtained from the Florida Lottery, Office of the General Counsel, 250 Marriott Drive, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-4011.
- (b) All prizewinners, except fourth prizewinners, will be analyzed for state-owed debt. If a prizewinner is identified as owing an outstanding debt to any state agency or owes child support collected through a court, the debt will be offset in accordance with section 24.115(4), Florida Statutes. If the debt is an amount less than the amount of the prize, the balance of the prize after deduction of the debt shall be awarded. If the debt is an amount greater than the amount of the prize, the entire prize amount will be applied to the outstanding debt.
- (c) Players must be at least 18 years of age. Persons prohibited by section 24.116, Florida Statutes, from purchasing a Florida Lottery ticket are not eligible to enter the Gold Rush Supreme Bonus Play Promotion.
- (d) By entering the Gold Rush Supreme Bonus Play Promotion, a player gives his or her permission for the Florida Lottery to photograph and/or videotape and record the prizewinner with or without prior notification and to use the name, photograph, videotape, and/or recording of the prizewinner for advertising or publicity purposes without additional compensation.
The official rule for the Gold Rush Supreme Bonus Play Promotion can be obtained from the Florida Administrative Code at www.flrules.org on or soon after January 19. 2021. In the event of a conflict between a provision of this rule and the official rule for the Gold Rush Supreme Bonus Play Promotion, the official rule shall govern.
HOLD ON TO YOUR NON-WINNING TICKET BECAUSE IT WILL BE REQUIRED TO CLAIM A PRIZE!